- How do you use the Recommended Items in Learning Catalogs?
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Enabling the Item Recommendation feature
- As an administrator, you can enable item recommendations by setting the enableItemRecommendations property to true in the LMS_ADMIN configuration ID (System Admin>Configuration>System Configuration). After you set this value to true, you can add one or more items to the Recommended Items tab of an assignment profile when you want to recommend those items to the users in the assignment profile. An item appears in the user's catalog or on the user's home page if the item is:
- In a catalog that is assigned to the user.
- Not already on the user's To-do list.
- Not in the user's learning history (completed work).
If a user dismisses an administrator-recommended item, then that item does not appear on the user's home page as a recommended item, even if an administrator adds it as a recommended item to a different assignment profile that the user is included in. A recommended item can have one of the following statuses: Valid (the assignment profile has been propagated), Add Pending (the assignment profile has not been propagated), and Delete Pending (the assignment profile has not been propagated).
If you remove a recommended item, you can cancel the action before you propagate. Click the Remove/Undo Action check box and click Apply Changes. The status of the recommended item changes to Delete Pending.
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To