- Why are our SCORM courses and content packages not completing, or bookmarking progress, for users that use the Internet Explorer 10 browser?
- The Learning Management System is compatible with Internet Explorer 10, however, SCORM courses are not. This compatibility issue encompasses both SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004/1.3 content packages. This issue is exclusive to the Internet Explorer 10 browser and does not occur in any of the older versions of Internet Explorer, nor other browsers such as Firefox and Chrome.
- The root cause of this issue is that the Internet Explorer 10 browser no longer supports an older tracking command utilized by SCORM to send variables, such as completion and progress, to the LMS. Microsoft has stated that this is not an issue but rather a by-design compatibility problem. However, there is a functionality built into Internet Explorer 10 to address these compatibility issues - Compatibility View.
Please utilize the following steps to implement Compatibility View mode for the LMS:
- Open Internet Explorer 10.
- Press the “Alt” key to display the Internet Explorer top menu.
- Navigate to: Tools > Compatibility View Settings
- You may either select the “Display all websites in Compatibility View” checkbox and select “Close” OR you may add just the LMS URL to the Compatibility View list and then select “Close”.
- Note: These steps must be performed on ALL affected machines as it is not a standard setting.
- For more information on this issue, please refer to the Microsoft Community forum article:
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions