This KBA article contains information on using the Import Content tool to load content to content server.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
- You will need the following:
- Make sure your Deployment Location is configured properly, per the instructions provided in this article.
- Update the global upload limit so that it is greater than the content you may be uploading. Go to System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> LMS_ADMIN
# fileUploadMaxSize is the maximum size in bytes for files uploaded to the server. It can be between 0 and 2147483647(2 GB). Default 10485760 bytes (10Mb)
Configuring the Content Import setting:
Go to System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> CONTENT IMPORT
- Update the upload limit for content imports if required
# The maximum size of a single attachment in KB. 1KB=1024 bytes
- Update the list of extensions for the files to be uploaded if needed
#List of supported file extensions supported by bulk content import tool. Each item in the list is seperated by a ';'.
Test your new settings:
- Now when you navigate to Content -> Tools -> Import Content, you can import your content files via the tool by following the steps in the wizard.
- You will have the option to choose between several Deployment Locations (preferably the one setup in the preparation steps), you can specify a content package ID and have the option to create an item from the import tool directly. For SCORM 2004 content, please make sure to insert a Content Package ID. This is mandatory due to the sequencing rules.
- The files will go through a validation before importing them:
Note: If you have premium iContent please reach out to your iContent consultant about possibilities of setting this up.
Note : Uploaded files will not be compressed in icontent server. When you upload any document file such as pdf or word they directly gets placed in the icontent server. If you are uploading a zip file the file gets extracted in the icontent server.
If you have enabled offline player, along with the extracted files the main zip file will also be placed in the icontent server.
Import Content, Import Content tool, content server, System Configuration, LMS_ADMIN, CONTENT IMPORT, maximumFileSizeKB, supportedFileExtensions , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , LOD-SF-LMS-PCM , LMS Icontent , How To