There is the property present in the LMS_ADMIN configuration,
# This configuration is used to enable the online content early launch warning. This configuration
# is added in b1207
# true: will enable the early launch warning.
# false: will disable the early launch warning.
#This configuration specifies the threshold for online content launch warning and is only
#applicable when the "enableOnlineContentEarlyLaunchWarning" is set to true.
# The value is number of days and should be a positive integer greater than or equal to 0.
- This property gives us an option to enable or disable the early warning/confirmation message when user tries to launch the content of an required item whose number of due days is more than the threshold defined above in the property.
- We can find this property when we login to LMS as an admin and navigate to System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> LMS_ADMIN(Click edit) -> In the configuration, search for ‘EarlyLaunch’.
- Let us see an example of how does this configuration works by enabling the ‘enableOnlineContentEarlyLaunchWarning’ property to true and ‘onlineContentEarlyLaunchWarningThreshold’ to 25.
- An user is assigned with an item which is of type required and this item is due within 30 days from today. According to the above set properties in the configuration, an early launch warning message should pop-up when the user tries to launch the item.
- Here are the screenshots of my configuration and the early launching warning message displayed to the user.
In the above screenshot, we can see the pop-up message asking for a confirmation whether to launch the content or not, since the due date of the items falls out of the threshold defined in the configuration(other screenshot).
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To