- SuccessFactors has become aware of a change in the newest release of Oracle's Java Runtime Engine (JRE) version 1.7.0_25 that affects SCORM content usability in Learning Management System (LMS) software. There are two issues:
- Session Remains Open After Closing Content:
The content session remains open after the content has been exited by the user. If the user attempts to relaunch the content immediately or within an average of 5 minutes after it closed, the user receives a session error. After 5 minutes, the session usually closes and the content can be relaunched.
- When launching content, the user receives a security warning (similar to below screenshot) prompting the user to “accept/run” or “cancel”. If the user presses “Cancel” or exits the window, communication between the LMS and content will not take place.
1. Session Remains Open After Closing Content:
This is not an LMS product defect, rather a defect with the JRE. Oracle has fixed the defect and will be releasing an update. Please refer to http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8017174 for more information regarding this JRE Bug.
2. Pop-Up Notifications when Launching Content:
The pop-up notifications are not an LMS product defect; they are a result of the higher level of security set in the JRE in the upgrade. A higher security level will alert the user anytime an applet is run. Please note that the user will see this pop-up for applets – both signed and unsigned. Users should select “Accept” and “Run” to proceed. By selecting the “Do not show this again for this app” checkbox, the pop-up will not show up again.
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem