This KBA covers how to enable the LMS to check for scheduling conflicts when users are enrolling in Scheduled Offerings
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon as a user in Learning
- Search for an Instructor Led Course in the catalog to register into the Schedule offering of that ILT
- Click on Register Now for one of the offerings for that ILT
- A validation error is thrown to the user showing the conflict with another schedule offering that the user is already enrolled into:
The User [User Details] has a schedule conflict with scheduled offering [SO Details].([Scheduled Date Time])
There is a configuration which prevents users from creating scheduling conflicts
The scheduling conflicts check can be turned on/off from the LMS Admin:
- Go to System Admin -> Configuration -> User Settings
- Uncheck the option "Prevent Users from creating user schedule conflicts"
- Allows the user to override the scheduling conflict and enroll into multiple Schedule offerings that are scheduled for the same date and time
- Check the option "Prevent Users from creating user schedule conflicts"
- The application throws the validation error, thus avoiding the scheduled offering conflict
SF SuccessFactors LMS Learning Schedule offering conflict User settings prevent disable enable turn on off error warning , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To