- How to make a catalog available for external users?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
This functionality already exists in LMS and is called "Sites". You can have more than one site active at the same time.
To create a new site :
- System Admin > Application Admin > Sites, click Add New
- Then give the site a Site ID, Domain ID, Active Locale and a Time Zone
- After the site is created, you can access it by navigating to the Site's URL.
To assign a catalog to a site:
- Go to SAP SuccessFactors Learning and then go to System Admin > Application Admin > Sites .
- Search for and open the site that you want to create the catalog assignment for.
- In the Summary, look at the values of Default Domain ID and Default Organization ID. Those are the two most common attributes that you use to flag users who should see a catalog.
- create an assignment profile that captures the users of the site (typically by the site's domain or organization).
The key attribute is often users' domain because most companies keep the site users in their own domain, and it is the same domain as the default domain in System Admin > Application Admin > Sites .
- Go to Users > Users > Assignment Profiles and then click Add New.
- Click Manage Rules.
- Click Add Domains, type the domain that you found from the sites in Keyword and then click Search.
- Select the domain from the site and then click Add.
- In Set up Rules, type Find Users by Default Domain in Untitled Rule 1.
- In Select Attribute, select Domain ID.
Domain is the most common attribute to group site users by because a default domain is required. The second most common attribute is organization because sites also allow you to select a default organization.
If you want to use organization as your grouping attribute, select Organization ID.
- In the operator list, select Matches.
- In the value box, type the domain from the sites list.
- If you are using organization, type the ID of the organization.
- Click Save and then close the rules window.
- In the Catalogs tab, associate add the catalog that these users (the users of the site) should see.
- Propagate the assignment profile.
- The external “Site” will display a login page with an option to log in or register for a new account.
- The page also contains a Catalog tab which provides access to the learning catalog.
- External users and guests can browse the catalog without having to authenticate.
NEW in 1705
- Prior to 1705, users could only purchase courses if they already had an account and were logged in.
- After 1705, if they would like to purchase any trainings form the catalog tab, they will be redirected to the log page to sign in or create an account if enabled.
- After they sign in, they are taken to the checkout page:
NOTE: It is not possible to remove the Catalog tab from the login page as the catalog is linked to the "site".
Successfactors, LMS, site, sites, external user, learning, catalog, Application Admin, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To