- Why do I get an error when trying to attach two SCORM 2004 packages to one item?
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
SCORM 2004 has a very advanced and complicated set of rules concerning behavior and navigation, this is what the validation error will refer to. There can only be one top level Sequencing and Navigation control, so the two packages would conflict. This is a limitation of SCORM 2004, not the LMS. The best way to handle it would be to add the generic evaluation to manifest file, so that it would be in the hierarchy.
- Each package contains a separate Sequencing and Navigation Hierarchy, these will conflict.
- You cannot use two packages with S & N in the same item, yet SCORM 2004 requires that it be assigned via package; thus, you can only have one SCORM 2004 Package per item.
- You can merge the content so that their respective S & N rules do not clash. Depending on the Authoring tool this may be done through the tool itself, or you can use a text or manifest editor.
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To