This article provides information on how to use Group Goals 2.0.
SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
Group Goals 2.0
This can only be enabled by Partners or Support via Provisioning > Company Settings > Enable Group Goals 2.0
This feature was built to meet a very specific need as listed in the features above and so will not be suitable for many clients as it does not have full functionality to replace the original version of group goals. Group goals 2.0 does not have full backwards compatibility.
- This feature is supported in V11 and above of the application.
- The feature is an opt-in feature with configuration change requirements
- Ability to have sub-goal tables (e.g. tasks, targets, milestones, metric lookup) for a group goal.
- Support for calculated goal ratings using the metric lookup table.
- Ability to configure, per field, which are editable and which are read-only in a group goal (this also applies to sub-goal tables).
- Since these goals can be individualized my owners in the group, the goals show up in the dashboards and Ad Hoc reporting.
Managing Goal Data
The customer administrator and end users are responsible for managing, adding, deleting, editing, importing, all goal data. SAP Cloud Product Support does not perform any customer data management. Due to data security policies, any changes to a customer's data needs to be performed by the customer administrators or their end users.
The list of potential drawbacks is based on functionality that is either available in the older version of group goals, or just not available at all.
- Support for dynamic group goal membership - In v2.0 it's a static list of group goal members and not dynamic based on criteria. This was the use case for the specific customer and as such what was built first.
- Cannot cascade group goals - Also not supported in v1.
- No group rating - this is supported in group goals v1. If needed in group goals v2, must use Metric Lookup Table
How to Use group goal v2
- Creating a group goal still happens from the "Create a New Goal" button on a goal plan. The user will see an option for "Group Goal" if they have permission to create a group goal.
- The creation of the group goal is now only a one step process (since assigning members to the group goal happens separately). The group goal creation will only create the group goal with all the supported fields.
Assign Group Goal v2
- Assigning a group goal is done by a new button located in the row of buttons on a goal plan.
- First you select which group goal or group goals (you can assign multiple group goals at once) you want to assign by checking the checkboxes to the left of the goal name, then you click on the "Assign Selected..." button. This opens up a window very similar to the cascade window where you can choose who to assign this group goal to. A new supported feature here though is step two of the assign wizard. The assigner will have an opportunity to change the group goal before assigning it. The assigner will be able to edit any field that is not configured as a read-only field in the group goal. Please be aware you would only be able to edit group goals in the goal plan itself - not the PM form - this is expected behavior - TGM-6984
Via Goal Import
You can also assign group goals via an import:
NOTE: When a goal is imported each person becomes the goal owner so they will also inherit the delete option. If you do not want individual users to be able to delete the group goal then you shouldn't use the import option. "delete-group-goal" setting will be ignored even if defined.
This attribute should be added to the goal plan to define the roles that will have delete group goal permission for those goals cascaded to them.
The below screenshot provides guidance for populating a Group Goal Import file:
RBP & Group Goals
Group Goals: You now have the option to apply separate permissions roles to determine who can view Goal Plans and who can assign Group Goals, giving you more granular control. To use this option, contact SuccessFactors Customer Success who will enable the following option in Provisioning. (TGM-5234) > Company Settings > Enable target population of Group Goal Assignment permission - requires "Role-based Permission".
Target Population for Group Goals
Admins can set up permission roles for viewing goal plans and assigning group goals separately.
Benefit: A manager can assign group goals to their direct reports (for example), but not to themselves. This also prevents them from deleting group goals assigned to them. More info.
Group Goals For Inactive
You now have the option to assign Group Goals to inactive users who fall within a date range that you specify. This option is useful when you want to be able to award employees for the work they did on the goal before leaving the company. This option now lets you assign the Group Goal to the user even when the user is marked as inactive. (TGM-3717)
- You have the option to include inactive users as part of a target population when mass-creating forms and when assigning group goals. (AE-703)
- Inactive users can be included in the population you want to assign group goals. (PAE-703)
- You have the option to assign Group Goals to inactive users who fall within a date range that you specify. This option is useful when you want to be able to award employees for the work they did on the goal before leaving the company. This option lets you assign the Group Goal to the user even when the user is marked as inactive. (TGM-3717)
- You have the option to send email notifications when Group Goals are changed or deleted. When you do this, everyone assigned the goal will be notified, as well as any Proxy user who might have made changes to the goal. (TGM-3709)
- The total number of employees found during a search displays at the top of search results. (TGM-3625)
- Group Goals can be included on the Meeting Agenda. (GE-564, GE-598)
- Prior to b1508, to mitigate performance issues, the system did not allow the mass assignment or assignment of group goals to greater than 15,000 system users in a single action. We have since lifted the 15,000 threshold and now permit this action to occur. (TGM-6335)
goal data permission RBP enabling configuring settings assign group goal v2 import , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-GG , Group Goals , How To