You run Material Requirements Planning for a Product with ID ABC under the Planning Area with ID PQR. The system displays the below given error message.
Demand-driven planning failed for ABC in PQR.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning work center.
- Navigate to the Products view.
- Search for the Product ABC, which has the Planning Area assigned as PQR, select it and choose the button Open.
- Choose the button Run Planning and select the option Single BoM Level or Multi BoM Level as per your business requirement.
The system displays the above mentioned error message.
You have maintained Safety Lead Time and Target Days of Supply in the Planning Master Data of your product ABC. If the difference between Safety Lead Time and Target Days of Supply is equal to zero or one, the Target Days of Supply would fall either one day short or equal to demand date time correspondingly. The system is designed so as to be on the safer side and the system does not create receipts within or equal to Safety Lead time. Ideally Target Days of Supply should be more than the Safety Lead Time and the difference between them should be greater than one.
You can make the changes to your Safety lead Time of Target Days of Supply by following the below mentioned steps.
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Navigate to the Materials view.
- Search for the Product ABC, select it and choose the button Edit.
- Choose the View All button to see all the master data tabs.
- Navigate to the Planning tab, select the line item that has the planning area with ID ABC maintained.
- Change the value of Safety Lead Time and Target Days of Supply so that their difference is greater than one.
KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To