- This article discusses how to restrict goal plan access to specific users to specific goal plans via Import/Export user and goal plan permission association. For people using the old Goal Import now replaced by beta goal import they will no longer use the old goal import file but the stand-alone plan association feature.
- Goal Management
- You can limit access for users to certain goal plans, allowing (for example) one business unit to use one goal plan and another business unit to use another goal plan using an import file via Admin Tools > Import/Export user and goal plan permission association
- Important: You cannot cascade or align goals across goal plan templates! If users need to align or cascade goals to one another, they must use the same goal plan template.
Restricting Access Per Individual User + Individual Goal Plans
Create import file with template associations (file must be saved in .csv format)
- The file rows should look like this:
Where "user1234" is the actual user ID, and "1" is the goal template ID
- NOTE – Along with USER_ID, you can also use USER_NAME, DEPT_NAME, DIVISION_NAME, JOB_CODE, LOCATION_NAME, CUSTOM01, CUSTOM02, or CUSTOM03. If you use one of these other types, you will need to make sure the row three contains the correct corresponding value (i.e. LOCATION, Boston)
- Import the template associations
- New Admin tools > Goal Management > Import/Export user and goal plan permission association
For more detailed information on Goal Plan Permissions please see our main solution > Goal Management: Permissions - Restrict goal plan access (non RBP clients)
KBA , LOD-SF-PM-GM , Goals in PM Form , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions