What is required to add the smart goal wizard in a goal plan?
SuccessFactors Goal Management
What are SMART goals?
- How can you get the SMART Goal Wizard?
- Can we edit the instructional text in the Goal Wizard?
The S.M.A.R.T Goal Wizard
- At last there’s an easy way to write SMART goals quickly and consistently. Introducing the SMART Goal Wizard.
- This wizard contains a library of hundreds of prepared SMART goals ready to use.
- You can select the goal from the library and modify it, adding or removing details as you like. Then click through the rest of the wizard to see hints and questions that will help make the goal more complete and useful to you.
- When you’re done, the new goal is added to your goal list, and you hardly had to type a word.
What are SMART goals?
SMART is an acronym for a way to develop goals that are easily trackable and accountable. SMART stands for:
S = Specific
M = Measurable
A = Attainable
R = Relevant
T = Time-bound
When you include all the attributes listed above, you create a goal that can be objectively tracked and measured, which can make it easier for you to see progress on the goal, and easier to evaluate performance on the goal.
How can you get the SMART Goal Wizard?
- If you’re interested in using the SMART Goal Wizard with your Goal Plans, contact SuccessFactors Customer Success to have your Goal Plan updated. Once your Goal Plan is set up with the SMART Goal Wizard, you’ll access it from the Goal Plan by clicking the Goal Wizard button.
1. You must have name, metric, start, and due fields defined in the goal plan template
2. No fields other than those 4 can be required (required=”true”)
3. Goal creators must include the “E” role, and must have access to all four fields
4. It works better if you have just a “name” field and not name + description
5. It is not localized yet
Can we Edit the Instructional Text?
SMART Goals and Goal Library
- When creating library goal, all fields defined in goal library can be pre-populated. But for SMART goal, system still support only two field(name and metrics) to be pre-populated, even details is already added in goal library.
- It is expected in SMART goals that as a user, there should be no difference when creating a new goal by library goal but with the above statement, this is not the case. Please file an Enhancement Request if you want to change this behavior.
- When selecting your timeline, the system calculates the date within the hour/second, although this is not displayed on the wizard dialogue window.
- 01/01/2017 - 31/12/2017 is recorded in the system as: 01/10/2017:00:00:00 - 31/12/2017:00:00:00.
- Thus, the time is recorded from the beginning of 01/01/2017 to the beginning of 31/12/2017, but does not include the 31/12/2017.
- For this reason, the time is calculated as 364 days.
SMART, Wizard, Goal, Objective, Library, Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound, metric, start, due, timeline , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-TMP , GM Template Management , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To