- Goal Management
- When you click on Add Goal (add objective) button you will get a popup that shows buttons for the different types of goals one may be allowed to create. This includes Personal Goal, Library Goal and Group Goal.
- Note: Group goals can only be updated or deleted by the group goal owner that created the goal
- The person who creates the Group Goal is called the Group Goal Owner. Only the Group Goal Owner can make changes to the goal. For everyone else, the goal is in read-only format.
- Assigning/Removing permission to create group goals
- Go to Administration > Manage Security > Administrative Privileges > Find the user who should be granted group goal creation privileges, > Manage Objectives > and enable > New Add Group Objective Creation
The feature is typically only granted to select people since they will be able to send goals to the entire company.
A group goal is created in a similar way as a personal goal.
- The group goal owner that has permissions to create a group goal opens their goal plan and clicks the Create New Goal button.
- The standard popup opens and the user will see an additional button "Create Group Goal"
- Create and save the goal as you would a normal goal,with the additional step of defining the audience that will receive this goal.
- Tip: The person creating the goal needs to pay close attention to the audience selected. By default it will go to the entire company, All Divisions, Departments etc. You cannot limit this ability, a person that has been granted group goal creation permission has access to all employees, so you should only grant this ability to those that require this, and who understand the functionality.
- B1105 Enhancement: The total number of employees found during a search now displays at the top of search results. (TGM-3625)
NOTE: Your goal plan template also needs to be configured to support group goals. If you are unable to see or add group goals please open a support case so they can check your configuration to confirm it contains the following option.
TGM template configuration
Turn on the "allow-group-goal" attribute:
<obj-plan-template … allow-group-goal="true">
KBA , LOD-SF-GM-GG , Group Goals , LOD-SF-GM-SCR , Software Changes, Services, Provisioning etc , How To