- Goal Management
- Attached to this solution is the full version word document ot the Goal Import Configuration Guide that contains images and examples.
- Please see attached to this solution is the full version word document ot the Beta Goal Import Configuration Guide that contains images and examples.
- The goal import feature can be accessed from Admin > Manage Goals > Beta Goal Import.
- The link to the new goal import feature is controlled using the same administrative privileges permission as the old one (i.e. you get both or you get neither together). Admin > Manage Security > Administrative Privileges > Manage Goals > Import Goals.
Generate a Goal Import Template:
Important: Do NOT re-use an old template or import file! The system generates a unique CSV Header for each goal plan that will only work for 1 specific goal plan. So the first thing to do before importing goal data is to generate a fresh CSV template for the goal import.
Go to Admin Tools > Import Goals > Select the goal plan you want to update and click on the "Generate CSV Header" button. Save the CSV file to your machine. > Populate this header template with your goal data to import.
Failure to perform this important step could result in goals being imported into the wrong goal plan or your imports to fail with errors.
This is a list of answers to frequently asked questions. Many of the issues below are current feature limitations that will be addressed in future product releases.
1. This new feature is available in v10, ULTRA and Revolution (v12) versions of the application.
2. A goal can be updated using either the new or old import feature, as long as you have the GUID for that goal.
3. Goals created through the UI can be updated through the import feature (Note: this the internal goal ID which is available through the Goal Search export).
4. The read-only feature is now supported in the old and new goal import tools (as of b1207).
5. The new goal import can be scheduled through the SuccessFactors Job Scheduler application.
6. Group goals are supported (as of b1207).
7. The recommended maximum number of entries to update is 100,000. This could be 100,000 goals with no sub-goals, or 10,000 goals each with 10 sub-goal entries (tasks, targets, milestones, metric lookup). This could come in the form of one row in the CSV, or 100,000 rows in the CSV.
8. The new goal import now supports the filter option of job code (as of b1207).
9. The user name filter is the only filter which supports multiple entries in a single row (separated by semi-colons). All other filter columns only support a single entry per row.
10. When updating a goal, only the fields to be updated need to be included in the goal. Leaving values blank will not remove the data from the goal. To remove the data, place "\NULL" as the entry for the column.
11. Custom fields to be used as filters must be defined in the data model under <custom-filters>.
12. One goal should not be defined twice in the same CSV upload file. This means don't put one row in to add a goal and then another row to update that same goal.
13. The calculated goal rating (generated through the metric lookup table) cannot be added/updated through the import. To change or set the calculated rating set values for the actual achievement and metric lookup table.
14. Date Formats: You must have all date fields in the format mm/dd/yyyy. If when importing you get the error message "due parsing error", open the original file in NotePad and check the date format. Even though the format might look correct via excel, you need to confirm that byopening in notepad.
Configuring Templates To Allow End Users To Import Goals
As of B1107 You can also give managers permission to import goals into their own Goal Plans. To use this option, contact SuccessFactors Customer Success to have your Goal Plan template updated. (TGM-3710)
End User (Non-Admin) Upload for goal Create/Update/Delete
The following needs to be added in the goal plan template for the import from goal plan feature.
<description><![CDATA[ Employees' manager can import the goals from the objective plan. ]]></description>
With the permission E, employee can go to his goal plan and upload the goals for himself.
With the permission EM, employee's manager can go to the goal plan of his subordinate and upload the goals for him.
NOTE: For importing the new group goals in the import CSV file, we need use the TYPE as OBJECTIVE_GROUPV2. The remaining other columns are same as Personal goals.
KBA , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To