- SuccessFactors Goal Management has the ability to enable "Copy Goal From Other Objective Plan". Using this feature, it is also possible to transfer a goal from one plan to another in a few simple steps. This feature is to allow a user to copy from their own goal plans, not from another person's plan.
- Goal Management
- This feature can be enabled via Admin Center > Goal Management Feature Settings > enable TGM/CDP Goals Transfer Wizard. In case you do not see Goal Management Feature Settings in Admin Center, please refer to this article KB 2249577 to enable the option.
- This feature is enabled for the entire company, not specific users, but permissions can be configured by role. (managers only etc.)
- Once enabled, users will see a "Copy From My Other Goal Plan" button.
- Click "Copy From My Other Goal Plan" button
- In the pop-up window select the goal plan that contains the goals(s) you want to copy
- From the goals available select the goal(s) to be copied
- Click copy and wait for your goal plan to update with copied goal(s).
- It stands to reason you would not be able to copy a goal from one goal plan that has a different configuration than another goal plan. If a field, category or value in one plan doesn't exist in the other, then the system is unable to copy. Therefore this feature works best when each goal plan year over year is based on the same design.
All data from the fields will be copied if logged on user has "Write" permissions to all the fields. Otherwise, only those fields with Write permission will be copied over. The other fields will remain blank.
- Dates: How the system handles dates between the 2 goal plans is described at:
- Goal Management: Manage Goal Data - Copy From Other Goal Plan - Start and End Dates Explained
- Copy From: To copy goals from another person's goal plan then you need to be permissioned to use 'Cascade Pull" feature. See cascade goal feature or simply use the Goal Import feature. This only works within the same goal plan and not between different plans.
- Copy To: To copy goals to another person's goal plan then you need to be permissioned to use 'Cascade Push" feature. See cascade goal feature or simply use the Goal Import feature. This only works within the same goal plan and not between different goal plans.
- Currently only the administrator has a true "Transfer Goal feature", but an end user could achieve a transfer by simply deleting the goals from the original plan once the copy was done. This step would require that you have been permissioned to delete goals and have the "Delete Goal" button.For more information on how an administrator can transfer goals, please see the solution "Transferring Goals - How Goals are Handled When an Employee Leaves or Changes Roles"
Copy Goal From Other Objective Plan.
Goal Transfer , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To