Please Note: End of Maintenance and End of Life Updates for Goal Execution - The Goal Execution tool in Goal Management will soon be deprecated.
Official 'End of Maintenance' for Goal Execution tool is planned for the second half of 2019.
Official 'End of Life' for Goal Execution is planned for the second half of 2020.
The alternative for this would be Continuous Preformance Management (CPM).
- Goal Management
- Goal Execution, a new feature that will round out your current Goal Management process. Your company has goals but are your employees aware of them well enough to bring you the business results you want? Goal Execution works with your current Goal Plans to make it easy to find out.
- Note: This feature is available only if you are on v11 or above and will require a paid Professional Services engagement to implement and train users.
- Goal Execution uses the Execution Map to take your large, strategic company goals and break them down so that your employees understand how their daily tasks connect with to your overall strategy. Employees can quickly see how their individual efforts are helping the company.
- Managers can use the Execution Map along with the built-in Status Report to instantly see all the pieces of the puzzle, such as who's working on what and the current status of each task, so they can quickly determine if the overall goal is on track or in trouble. They can get a closer look at any task, drilling down to see complete status reports, metrics, meeting agendas, and the probability of success. Managers can even communicate directly with the employee responsible for the goal to get an immediate update. And all of this can be done from one place.
How can you get Goal Execution?
- If you're interested in adding Goal Execution to your current Goal Management process, contact SuccessFactors Customer Success for more details on how you can get set up quickly.
- Once the feature has been enabled for your instance you will access the feature from under the Goals/Objective Tab
- Grant administrative permissions for goal execution. Go to Admin Tools > Manage Security > Administrative Privileges > search username then enable the feature "Manage Goal Execution" > save
Logout and back in and go back to admin tools. You will now see a new option called "Goal Execution Management > Goal Execution Settings"
Anyone granted Goal Execution Management will also see the Execution Map, Meeting Agenda & Status Report subtabs in their goal plan.
- If you want to grant the Map, Meeting Agenda or Status Report to other users that do not have Manage Goal Execution permissions then this can be done via Default User Permissions.
Go to Manage Security > Default User Permissions > Manage Goal Execution > and in this section enable options > Save Settings
KBA , LOD-SF-GM-GE , Goal Execution Features , How To