This Article describes what to do when you receive the Error “You don't have permissions to access this user's objective Plan”.
- Goal Management
Reproducing the Issue
This is a standard error message which is generated when a user tries to access a goal plan for which they do not have the correct role based permissions to access.
A user granted goal plan permissions via Role based permission accesses his goal tab and receives the below error:
- Access to the Goal Plan is not only governed by the Goal Plans selected in Role Based Permissions but it is also governed by the Target Population selected.
- We frequently see these errors specifically for roles created for Managers. Often when roles are created for managers, the role frequently includes only their direct reports as a target population, and as such excludes themselves. These goal plan permissions are frequently also included in this role along with all the other permissions a manager may need to have.
- If a Goal Plan is permissioned to the Target Population of the direct reports, the Manager would only be able to see the plan if he is looking from his direct reports. When he tries to access the goal plan for himself, he will see the above error.
- A population for Managers or HR Managers would normally be set to “Exclude Granted User from Having the Permission from accessing Himself or Herself”:
To Resolve this:
- Create a new role for the Manager or HR Manager and include only the permissions of the goal plan. Set the Population to everyone or to a population that includes the manager. You may want to create a role for Managers to do this.
- When selecting the population, make sure to leave “Exclude Granted User from Having the Permission from accessing Himself or Herself” unchecked.
- Click on finished and allow about 20-30 minutes for the new role to take effect.
KBA , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Problem