- Goal Management
- These are common test scenarios to help ensure your Goal Plan is configured as expected. For each item, are the results what you intended? If not, adjustments may be needed.
- While not all of these scenarios will fit your needs, testing them will help ensure your users do not have unexpected access or limitations.
1. Within the hierarchy at the top of the goal plan, can you view your Manager's goals? Can you view your Direct Reports’ goals? What about employees outside your hierarchy?
2. Within the hierarchy at the top of the goal plan, can you edit your Manager's goals? Can you view your Direct Reports’ goals? What about employees outside your hierarchy?
3. Can you create a goal in your Manager's plan? Can you create a goal in your Direct Reports’ plans? After you create it, can you then view it?
4. Can you delete a goal from your Manager’s plan? Can you delete a goal from your Direct Reports’ plans? What about employees outside your hierarchy?
5. Can you cascade a goal to your Manager? Can you cascade a goal to your Direct Reports? Can you cascade to employees outside your hierarchy?
6. Can you cascade a goal to yourself from your Manager, Direct Reports or other employees?
7. Can you see a private goal in your Manager’s plan? Can you see the private goals in your Direct Reports’ plans? What about employees outside your hierarchy?
8. Can you copy goals from one of your other plans?
9. When looking at the list of goals in your plan, is the layout of the fields what you expected? Are the columns the right width and is the order of the columns correct?
10. Are any fields missing from the list of goals, or from the edit screen for a goal?
11. Are the dropdown menu options correct?
12. Are the colors for each dropdown item correct? Do the color combinations for the background and font colors allow for easy reading?
13. On the edit screen, do the fields appear in the correct order?
14. If this goal plan is a copy of a previous cycle’s, are there any references to the previous year? Are the default dates correct when you create a new goal?
15. Is the intro or instructional text at the top correct? If you have any hyperlinks to training documents, are those working properly and do they navigate to the right document version?
16. If you include competencies in your goal plan, are the right competencies present?
KBA , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , LOD-SF-GM-TMP , GM Template Management , How To