You have submitted an expense report for a project. After running the revenue recognition you notice that the journal entry posting to the Deferred Cost of Goods Sold account is not clearing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Select Reports view.
- Select the report Project Costs and Revenues by Project Structure.
- Select the project XYZ in the variable screen.
You observe that for the Business Transaction Type - Expense Settlement there are incurred cost under deferred cost of goods sold - material.
There are two possible reasons:
- If the expense report was taken back from Released for Reimbursement - the system will not include the deferred CoGS for clearance.
- Corresponding Customer Project Expense Lists (CPEL) relating to the expense reports are not effectively posted and still show as un-posted source documents when executing the revenue recognition run.
Check if the expense report is in status Released during the revenue recognition run and that no relevant CPELs for the respective expense report are showing under Unposted Source Documents in the General Ledger work-center. If either applies - correct them and run the revenue recognition to clear the deferred cost of goods sold (DCoGS).
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To