You have created a credit memo against the supplier invoice and system shows the error message while posting.
Error: The sum of the credit memo amounts is greater than the invoice amount because of a discount, surcharge, or reduction.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Select the relevant Credit Memo.
- Navigate to Exceptions tab.
- You can see the exception.
You can see that the net amount in the credit memo and supplier invoice is correct. However in the Deduction and Surcharges sub tab, you can see the price difference. Hence the exception appears.
- Total Gross Amount in the supplier invoice is 7.341,70 USD.
- Total Gross Amount in the credit memo is 7.341,71 USD. -> So the price difference of 0, 01 USD.
- Overall Net Surcharge in the supplier invoice is Zero USD.
- Overall Net Surcharge in the credit memo is 0, 01 USD. -> So the price difference of 0, 01 USD.
In order to post the supplier invoice, you can adjust the credit memo Gross Amount as 7.341,70 USD instead of 7.341,71 USD and adjust the credit memo Overall Net Surcharge amount as Zero instead of 0, 01 USD. This clears the exception and you can post the supplier invoice.
KBA , discount, surcharge, or reduction , sum of the credit memo amounts is greate , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To