Benchmark Based on Job Code
- Companies can now generate an "average rating by job code" value and compare individuals against this average rating.
Calculation of Benchmark
- Benchmark ratings will include all ratings, including self-ratings. A simple average is used for the calculation. Average = sum of ratings / number of ratings.
- All individual ratings are equally weighted. You cannot apply weightings to make any individual rater or groups' ratings worth more.
- Only completed 360 forms will be included for calculation of benchmark ratings. If there are incomplete 360s that fall within the filter criteria, no participant ratings from those reviews will be included in the calculations.
- This is based on job code assignment, so all individuals within the company who have the same job code (defined in the User Directory and set for each employee) will have their ratings averaged together. The only way to exclude specific people's ratings from this benchmark is to exclude them from the job code, or not create a form instance for them.
- Calculation of benchmark ratings is separate from the application of these ratings to a given set of forms. See the next section for application of ratings to forms.
- You can use the same forms to calculate multiple benchmark IDs, but any given form can only display benchmark ratings from one benchmark ID. See the following sections for more details. Example:
A 360 template is created. John Doe has a 360 form created for him. Jane Smith also has a 360 form created for her. Both John and Jane have the same job code and are rated on the same five competencies, plus one specific to each of them.
Benchmark ratings are calculated by averaging available ratings for a competency given to 360 subjects who are rated on a given competency, including the self-rating.
Using the Feature:
To access the feature, go to Admin > Calculate 360 Benchmark Ratings.
From this page users can create a new benchmark by selecting criteria in the top section, or view existing benchmark data in the lower section. To create a benchmark, do the following:
- Select the 360 forms you want to create a benchmark for. You can select multiple form templates if so desired.
- Select a date range to isolate the forms which you want to include. You can leave the date options blank, or you can enter in a date range. If you enter a date range for any of the three options, you must provide both a start and end date.
- Click the Create Benchmark Ratings button. This will kickoff a batch process to generate the ratings for each job-code/competency. The admin will be emailed when the process is complete.
When a benchmark is created, it is given a unique ID. The benchmarks are stored but are NOT automatically applied to the forms. This must be done separately and deliberately by the user. When benchmarks have been applied to forms, there will be an indication under the benchmark information.
Applying Benchmark Ratings to Forms
- You can only apply benchmark ratings to the forms which were used to create the benchmark. You cannot apply benchmark ratings to forms that were not used in the calculation.
- When you apply benchmark ratings to forms, it will apply it to ALL of the forms used in the calculation. You cannot select a subset of the forms to apply to. It's all or nothing.
- Admins should be able to verify which forms were included in the benchmark and see which benchmark was applied to each form.
- Any given form can support only one benchmark at a time to determine the benchmark ratings for comparison, even if that form has been used in multiple benchmark calculations. The form will display the benchmark ratings from the last benchmark ID that was applied to the form.
Using the Feature:
To apply a benchmark to the forms that were used to create it, do the following:
- Go to Admin > Calculate 360 Benchmark Ratings.
- After the benchmark has been successfully created (see previous section), click the "Apply Benchmark Ratings to Forms" button for the appropriate benchmark ID. This will apply the benchmark to all of the completed forms that were used in the benchmark calculation.
- If the user wants to know which forms were included in the benchmark calculation, they can download the list of forms that were used by clicking the "Download Benchmark Data" button. The csv file contains two columns: the form id's of the forms used in the benchmark calculation, and the benchmark ID which was applied to each form. The benchmark ID column is useful to audit whether this form has or has not had the current benchmark applied to it.
You can also delete an existing benchmark. If you delete a benchmark that is in use, those forms which are using the benchmark will no longer display any benchmark ratings in its Detailed 360 Report.
Displaying Benchmark Rating on a 360 Form
- The Detailed 360 Report will display the benchmark ratings in a similar fashion to the way expected ratings are displayed. The option will only be available if after benchmark ratings are applied to the form.
- Benchmark ratings are stored in a similar fashion to Expected Rating, in that there is only one Benchmark Rating per competency-job code.
- If a benchmark has been applied to a form, the benchmark rating will show up as a legend option and can be dynamically turned on and off on the report for comparison purposes.
- If turned on, a benchmark rating bar will show up in the bar charts for each competency and behavior as a blue bar above the colored rating bars.
- Benchmark Rating should use Text Replacement so customers can rename this as needed.
- The benchmark ratings shown are taken from the last benchmark ID that was applied to the form. If the benchmark ID that was used has been deleted, the option to show benchmark rating will not appear.
Using the Feature:
- Once the benchmark has been applied to the forms, open the Detailed 360 Report for one of the forms. The benchmark option should appear in the Graphical Summary View and in the new Rank View (see next section).
- This option works in a similar fashion to the Expected Rating selection. To hide the value, simply uncheck the visibility for the benchmark ratings in the legend.
- You cannot remove the benchmark option from the report if an existing benchmark has been applied. The only way to change the benchmark ratings is to apply a new benchmark ID to the form, or delete the applied benchmark from Admin.
- 360 Multi Rater
KBA , sf 360 , LOD-SF-PM-360 , 360 Reviews , How To