This document explains the different processes for clients when you want to include participants OUTSIDE of your company in a 360 review.
- Successfactors HCM Core All Versions
- 360 Multi Rater
Login Permissions using RBP
- External Participants will require "user login" permission granted to them in order to access the 360 form.
- Since their username (extuser###) is not created before the email is sent, you must make sure you have granted "User Login" to a role with the Permission Groups or Users section set to "Everyone(All Employees)"
- Make sure the switch "Exclude Granted User from having the permission access to him/herself" is Unchecked.
v11 or Later Option
- To enable External Participants for a specific 360 mulit-rater template go to Admin Tools > Form Templates > select template
Select the following option: Enable 360 Add External Participants section
- Note: If you do not see this option available then please submit a support case to Customer Success requesting that they enable External Participants. This functionality is only available to users on v11 or later.
- Once enabled the user will then see the following Add External Participant option when they click "Modify Participant List".
- Updated Add Participants page: You can very quickly add internal and external participants to your 360 reviews. Internal participants are people within your company. External participants are people you work with outside of your company. You will continue to have the option to choose whether or not you want to offer external participants (MTR-926)
- External Participants: Additionally, we’ve simplified the entire external participant feedback process. You can now invite external participants by simply sending them an email. Participants who accept will receive the 360 form through email, which they can email back to you after completing the form. Once all emailed forms are received, the feedback will be compiled into a single form for you to review. (MTR-926)
- As of B1210 You now have the option to send a request for feedback to external email addresses. Previously, you could only send requests to internal users.
- If your environment is configured with SSO and you have ULTRA, this is a mandatory configuration. This would mostly affect customers that have SSO in the past and recently upgraded the ULTRA.
- Companies configured with Single Sign-On (SSO) shall be able to include external participants in 360 Multi-Rater reviews the same way as companies without SSO configured.
- The external participant user experience shall be the same regardless of if they are participating in an evaluation for a company with SSO configured or not.
- External participants will bypass SSO credentials for customers that have SSO environments.
External Participants: If you're using external participants, you can now change the instruction text to wording that might make more sense to your company. For example, you can now change text to say: Select raters from outside the company. To replace the default text, go to Admin> System Properties > Text Replacement and find this text: $(PERFORMANCE_360_PARTICIPANT_ADD_EXTERNAL_TITLE)(Outside the company). In the corresponding text field, type in your preferred wording. (MTR-1147)
- There are no user roles for "external participants". External participants cannot get specific permissions in the form template or route map.
- External participants are not supported in either the default raters or raters elements of the form template.
- External participants will only be able to access the evaluation form from the deep link URL.
- There is no explicit support for min/max number of external raters that can be included in a 360 Multi-Rater.
- There will be no Quick find or user search for external users.
- The pages accessed by the external participant from the email notification are not configurable (Cannot change text or wording on the pages).
- The new external participant enhancement will only be available in ULTRA and not in v10. V10 will still have the existing external participant features.
A user sets the list of participants to be included on a 360 Multi-Rater. The form is configured to allow for external participants to be included. The user enters in a first name, last name, and email address of an external participant. The user adds that external participant and they are included as a participant in the 360 Multi-Rater process. The external participant is not treated any differently as a participant.
A user sets the list of participants to be included on a 360 Multi-Rater. The form is configured to allow for external participants to be included. The user enters in a first name, last name, and email address of an external participant. The email address the user enters has already been used as an external participant in another 360 Multi-Rater process. This does not matter to the user and they get no notice of the fact. The external participant is added to the list of participants in the 360 Multi-Rater process. The external participant is not treated any differently as a participant.
A user sets the list of participants to be included on a 360 Multi-Rater. The form is configured to allow for external participants to be included. The user enters in a first name, last name, and email address of a participant. The email address the user enters belongs to a user who is an "internal" participant. The email address belongs to a user of the application. The system adds the participant but pulls the user information from the system instead of using the user entered data.
An external participant receives an email notification telling them they have been requested to provide feedback on a user. The external participant decides to not take part in the evaluation. They click on a URL link in the email and a webpage opens up. The user confirms that they do not wish to participate and the webpage validates their request. The user is then able to close the webpage.
An external participant receives an email notification telling them they have been requested to provide feedback on a user. The user is in a company that is setup to use Single Sign-On (SSO) to access SuccessFactors. The external participant is able to click on a link from within the email notification and is taken directly to the evaluation form where they can provide their feedback.
An external participant receives multiple email notifications telling them they have been requested to provide feedback on many different users. The external participant clicks on the URL to access the evaluation form for each user from each separate email notification. The external participant has no way to move between the different evaluation forms except for the "Send and Open Next" option from the submit form confirmation page.
Excluding External Participants in Reports:
You now have the option to exclude External Participants from showing up in user reports like the Employee List View report. To do so, go to Admin > Dashboards/Reports > Filtering Options, and select the Enable ability to filter by External Users checkbox and clear the Include External Users in Report Results checkbox. Be sure to save your changes.
- Another method to add external participants was via a user import. To do so you use the value of ACTIVE_EXTERNAL as the users status in the user import file.
- Support for V10 has ended so this method is no longer supported!
KBA , sf 360 , LOD-SF-MTR-PAR , Internal and External Participants , How To