You are trying to create an expense report via self-service with trip date in a closed accounting period, however the posting date is derived from the trip date and hence an error informing that the period is closed is displayed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home work center.
- Go to Self-Services Overview subview.
- Click New Expense Report and fill in the relevant details.
Error message is raised as follows: Expense report cannot be posted on date <posting date>: posting blocked
The posting date is derived from the trip date. In case you do not have access to the Travel and Expenses work center, you cannot change the posting date via self-service as you are not considered an auditor. The error message is then being raised at the time the expense report is created because there is no audit step defined, which means that the expense report goes from user creation to approval and is not reviewed by an auditor.
In order to allow the creation of expense reports with trip date on a closed period via self-service, an auditing phase has to be defined as follows.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Open the activity Business Task Management for Expense and Reimbursement Management.
- On the screen that opens, click Edit audit and approval scenarios.
- Flag the Audit Required checkbox and save your changes.
After the audit phase is in place, the system will allow the creation of expense reports via self-service with trip date on a closed accounting period. The created expense report then goes into audit step, where the error message is raised to the auditor, who can amend the posting date with no influence on the trip start and end dates.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To