You enter manual Recognition Values for Sales Order Items, but the next Revenue Recognition Run recognizes the whole deferred amount regardless of the amounts manually maintained.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to the Sales Document Items view.
- Make sure the relevant Sales Document Item is using the Accrual Method "8 - Recognize based on manual amounts".
- Go to Edit Manual Revenue Recognition Data and select Recognized Costs and Revenues.
- Maintain the desired Recognized Revenue and Recognized Costs with correct validity.
- Save and close.
- Execute a Revenue Recognition Run for the corresponding accounting period.
- The system ignores the manually maintained amounts and recognizes all costs/revenue related to the Sales Document Item.
If the Sales Order Item is completed and the Final Delivery Date and Invoice Date is filled, the entire deferred cost and revenue is automatically recognized during the next Revenue Recognition Run, regardless of the values maintained under Edit Manual Revenues Recognition Data.
In order to continue using Accrual Method "8 - Recognize based on manual amounts", you need to make sure that the Sales Order Item isn't being completely delivered /invoiced.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To