You find that balance of petty cash and the value of field Ending Balance Company Currency in report Trial Balance is inconsistent.
Reproducing the Issue
Balance of petty cash can be found in following steps:
- Go to Liquidity Management work center, Master Data view and Petty Cash subview.
- You can see the balance amount of petty cash account.
To check the balance in Trial Balance:
- Go to General Ledger work center and Report view.
- Select report Trial Balance.
- Input Company, Set of Book and G/L Account of the petty cash account.
- Select Accounting Period as Year to Date.
- Run the report and you find that the amount shows in field Ending Balance Company Currency is different from the balance in petty cash account.
There are several payments, the payment allocations of which are in status of In Preparation.
Such payments are not included in report Trial Balance. But it is considered in Petty Cash account.
You have two ways to solve the issue:
- To reverse those payments.
- To edit the payment allocations, make corrections and post them.
KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To