You are not able to delete a contract which is in status In Preparation. The following error occurs: Deletion of header not possible due to status.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Contracts view
- Select contract XYZ which is in status In Preparation (XYZ represents the contract ID).
- Click on the Delete button.
- Click Delete to confirm the deletion.
- The following error message occurs:
Deletion of header not possible due to status
The contract XYZ has been created via the sales order ABC line item XX with item type ETCS - Entitlement - contract sale (ABC represents the sales order id and XX represents the line item number).
When you enter an entitlement in the sales order, a related contract template is determined and a contract automatically created when you release the sales order. Due to this, it is not possible to delete the contract even though it is in status In Preparation.
This is the expected system behaviour.
You can cancel the contract. Once the contract is cancelled the Reason for Rejection field for the sales order line item will be enabled and you can also cancel the item in the sales order.
Help center document: Sell a Contract in a Sales Order
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To