You are trying to submit your expense report, however the system cannot calculate the maximum amount for a given expense.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel & Expenses work center.
- Go to Travel & Expenses view.
- Open your expense report.
You will see the following error for a given expense: Maximum amount cannot be checked. Contact your administrator
The currency maintained in the Maximum Amounts tab for the expense in business configuration differs from the expense's currency, hence the maximum amount cannot be calculated, reason being that there is no exchange rate between the currencies, therefore the limit check and the expense amount cannot be compared.
In order to enable the system to compare the amounts, there are two possibilities.
You can either define the exchange rates for the currencies:
- Go to Travel Admin work center.
- Click Update Exchange Rates under Common Tasks.
- Maintain the relevant exchange rates.
or define a maximum amount with the expense currency:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Open the Expense Reporting - <Country> activity.
- Click Edit expense types.
- Select the relevant expense type.
- On the Maximum Amounts tab, maintain an entry with the same currency as in the expense reports's expense.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To