You have a requirement to add new planning areas to some of the existing materials. When you try to add it using Mass Data Maintenance, the Import is failing for all the materials.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Select Import Materials link
- Update the file
- After validation, select Execute Import
The scenario of adding a new Planning Area to an existing Materials is a Enhance scenario and Mass Data Maintenance is for Update or Modify scenario.
So, in order to achieve your requirement, please use the Migration of Materials with Migration mode as Enhance already Existing Records.
The steps are,
1. Open the Migration activity Migration of Materials
2. Upload the Migration template with the details in the Availability Confirmation sheet only
3. After upload, highlight the file and select Properties button.
4. Change the Migration mode to Enhance already Existing Records.
5. Execute Migration.
But there are conditions that The Availability Confirmations sheet is only processed in combination with Planning sheet.
And the condition for Planning sheet is as follows,
-> If Planning UoM and Base UoM are the same, you need to fill the Planning sheet only (without the General sheet).
-> If the Planning UoM differs from the Base UoM, make sure that a quantity conversion is available. Also, you must enter the Material ID and the Base UoM in the General sheet, and if identified stock types are used, enter this type in the Identified Stock Type column.
-> To execute logistic processes, enter the Material ID, the Inventory Valuation UoM on the General sheet.
You can also refer to the help center document:
- Search in the Help Center section using the title Prepare for Data Migration in a Change Project and open the link.
- Expand Tasks section.
- Expand Fill migration templates section.
- Select "Materials — Enhance Records in a Change Project" link under section "3. Enhance already existing records:".
- Here you can find the details which can be enhanced using Migration Template.
KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To