When you try to change the Hire Date of an Employee to a past date, system throws below error message:
Organizational assignment not valid; validity period is DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Edit an Employee
- Go to Employment tab
- Select Work Agreement sub tab
- Select Change Hire Date button.
- Input a new date.
- Select Ok button
The Cause for the issue is that the new hire date is before the Org Unit valid From Date. Which means, the Org Unit itself doesn't exist with the new hire date. This can be verified in Organizational Management work center.
It is not possible to extend the Hire date before the start date (Valid From) of the Org Unit. So, the hire date of the employee should always on/after the start date of the Org Unit.
There are two possible options to overcome the issue,
1. Extend the validity of the Org Unit as same the new hire date and then you can able to change the hire date of the employee
2. Change the hire date of the Employee to org set up date and make service start date as required.
If the Employee is created in the system using Migration then the hire date can be earlier than the Org Unit date, Where as the Employee created in the system manually then it is not possible to have the Hire date earlier that than the Organizational Assignment date.
KBA , SRD-HR-RPM , Resource Pool Management , How To