When you try to change the Hire Date of an Employee to a past date, system throws below error message:
"Organizational assignment not valid; validity period is DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1"
SAP Business ByDesign 1802 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Edit an Employee.
- Go to the Employment tab.
- Select the Work Agreement sub tab.
- Click on Change Hire Date button.
- Add a new date.
- Select Ok button.
The cause for the issue is that the new hire date is before the org unit 'Valid From' date. Which means the Org Unit itself doesn't exist with the new hire date. This can be verified in the Organizational Management work center.
It is not possible to extend the Hire date before the start date (Valid From) of the Org Unit. So, the hire date of the employee should always be on or after the start date of the Org Unit.
There are two possible options to overcome this scenario:
- Extend the validity of the Org Unit, as the same validity of the desired date and then change the hire date of the employee.
- Change the Hire Date of the Employee to the org unit Valid From date and make use of Service Start Date in the employee Work Agreement tab, to add the desired Hire Date.
If the Employee is created in the system using Migration, then the hire date can be earlier than the Org Unit date. For Employees created manually in the system, it is not possible to have the Hire date earlier that than the Organizational Assignment date.
organizational assignment, employee hire date, service start date, change hire date, employment, work agreement , KBA , SRD-HR-RPM , Resource Pool Management , How To