You tried to maintain a GST Number in the account master data, but got error message:Invalid GST Number; check digit failed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Edit one account and go to Financial Data tab.
- Click Add Row and maintain Country as NZ - New Zealand, Tax Number Type as GST Number, Tax Number as for example 12345670.
- You get error message: Invalid GST Number ; check digit failed.
There are some validation check for the GST number like:
- Tax number should be between 10000000 and 150000000.
- Length should be of 8 or 9 digit.
- Last digit of the tax number should be equal to 11 - (first 8 digit * 32765432) mod 11 .
If the validation is not met, the system will throw corresponding error message. The number 12345670 doesn't meet the last check so it failed. According to that check the last digit is expected to be 4. So, 12345674 will be the valid number.
You have to check and use a valid GST number.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To