You want to add G/L Accounts to the dropdown list to be available when posting a payment directly to a G/L Account.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Under Common Tasks, click New Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- On the Payment Application Method, select Direct Posting to G/L Account.
You want to add more G/L Accounts to the G/L Account dropdown list.
The entries that you can select in the G/L Account dropdown when you post the payment directly to G/L Account are, in fact, the account determination groups that are used to determine the correct G/L Account based on the account determination for the ledger at posting time.
In order to add new account determination groups to the dropdown menu, please refer to the following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Find activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click Change Immediately.
- Click Edit Account Determination Groups.
- Expand either the Cost ledger or General ledger.
- Select the Groups under each of the above two ledgers that have the Available in Non-Cash Form of Payment column.
You see a list of all account determination groups under the concerned group. Note that for each account determination group you have five columns with checkboxes.
Each column determines where that specific group can be visible. For payments, the concerned column is Available in Non-Cash Form of Payment. If you flag it - the account determination group becomes visible on bank transfers, incoming and outgoing check, payment allocation, bank statements.
The G/L Account that is selected for posting depend upon which G/L Account assignment to your account determination group is done for each ledger.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To