When you migrate employee and user data, the value of Valid From is not migrated to the personal data of the employee.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Open activity list
- Open activity Migration of Employee and User Data
- In the sheet Organizational Assignment of the migration file, ensure field Valid From is maintained.
- Execute the migration
- Now go to Administrator work center
- Go to view Employee
- Find a migrated employee and click button Edit
- Go to tab Personal Data -> Biographical Data
- You will find Valid From date is 01.01.0001 which is not same as the Valid From date in the migration template.
The Valid From date mentioned in the template is the date from which the employee is assigned to the org unit. This is not the validity start date of the Employee. Whenever an employee is created, the Valid From date and the Valid To date in Personal Data are defaulted to 01.01.0001 and Unlimited respectively.
The Valid From date provided under the Org. Assignment sheet of the migration template is the effective start date from which the employee is assigned to the respective org unit. In order to check whether the org. assignment of the employee happened successfully or not please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Organizational Management work center
- Go to Org Structures view
- Select the Effective Date as the Valid From date
- Navigate to the respective org unit
- Go to Employees tab.
- The respective employee should appear in the list.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To