- Lumira Desktop reporting off of a Universe throws an error on data retrieval, when the Universe contains a dimension, detail or measure that contains an apostrophe character in its name.
- Lumira Desktop 1.0.17 or previous
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1
- UNV or UNX Universe
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Universe Design Tool, import and open the sample eFashion UNV Universe supplied with SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1. Note that the issue occurs with any Universe, whether a UNV or UNX (created or modified using the Information Design Tool).
- Modify the Universe by selecting a dimension, detail or measure object, and renaming it with a name that contains an apostrophe. For example, in the eFashion Universe, modify Store->State object to be renamed as Store->Status'Quo.
- Export the modified Universe back to the BI Platform repository.
- Log onto Lumira Desktop 1.0.17 or previous version.
- Create a new Dataset off the Universe, ensuring you select the object with the apostrophe in the name as a member of the Result Objects.
- Attempt to preview the data. You will observe either (1) no action or error is thrown, but no data are displayed, or (2) error message of the form:
"while trying to invoke the method com.sap.hilo.datasource.unv.external.ResultObjectType.equals(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from local variable 'type'"
This issue affects versions of Lumira Desktop prior to 1.0.18
This issue has been corrected in Lumira Desktop 1.0.18. Please upgrade your deployment to version 1.0.18 or higher.
Lumira SP18 , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Bug Filed