While saving the Purchase request the system throws an error message as Employee missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Choose the Purchase Requests view.
- Search and choose the Purchase Request XYZ (XYZ represents the Purchase Request ID).
- Choose the Edit button.
- Go to Items tab and choose the Account Assignment sub tab.
- Under Account Assignment Details you can see the Employee field is blank and system throws the error message Employee missing.
If the Employee ID set as Mandatory attribute for data input under account assignment type settings In BC. when you do the account assignment type as PRO (Projects) you have maintained Employee ID as a Mandatory attribute which means when you select account assignment type as Project on any Purchase Request and Purchase order system will expect you to enter a Project task and employee ID Mandatory.
Steps to check the Account Assignment Type:
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view .
- Choose the Open Activity list button.
- Go to the Fine Tune Activity.
- Search and Choose the Account Assignment Types.
- Choose Open button.
- Choose the Maintain Account Assignment Types link
- Under Account Assignment Types choose the PRO (Project) here you can see the under Available Account Assignments the EMPLOYEE_ID - Employee ID the data input control set as 1 – Mandatory.
If you create the Purchase request from the Project Purchase Order the employee ID will not be picked up automatically by the system.
The Account assignment is not editable on the Purchase request but is editable on the purchase order created out of the purchase request.Kindly input the Employee ID in the Purchase Order and save once the changes are done the no more error will be shown in the Purchase Request.
Employee missing,Purchase Requests,Purchase Order , KBA , employee missing , purchase request , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , How To