A report key figure shows +/- signs but you need only positive results and therefore need to eliminate the - sign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open any report.
- Execute it.
- Check the key figure values.
The key figure shows both positive and negative results.
The behaviour of some key figures is to show both positive and negative results depending on their context. Most financial key figures are credit and debits and therefore need to have a sign.
You can eliminate the negative results by creating a calculated key figure on top of the key figure that presents both positive and negative results. To do so, you can proceed as follow:
- Open your report.
- Click on Add Fields button.
- Go to the Key Figures tab.
- Click on the Create button.
- Input a name for your key figure and select Calculated Key Figure.
- In step 2, put in the following formula: ABS(Key Figure). Where Key Figure will stand for the Key Figure that has both postiive and negative results. E.g: at Financial Statements, we can do this with Amount Company Currency and therefore the Formula will be ABS("Amount Company Currency").
- Once the Key Figure wizard is done, click on Settings -> Key Figures.
- Drag to the right your customized Key Figure.
Once this is done, you will only see positive results in the report.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To