When you are trying to update contact details for an existing customer using Mass Data Maintenance you receive the following errors:
"Missing key specification for processing node <BUSINESS_PARTNER_RELATIONSHIP ROOT>
Update not possible; existing data for <CONTACT_PERSON> not fully specified"
SAP Hybris Cloud For Customer - all versions.
SAP Business ByDesign - all versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center;
- Click Export Customers link;
- Export the contacts tab to CSV file and add the contact details for the account;
- Click Import Customers link and upload the file to the contacts tab;
- Execute Data Import Immediately;
- Error occurs.
These errors occur when you are trying to add a new contact to an existing customer which is not possible using Mass Data Maintenance. You can only modify an existing record using this option.
You could add this contact id to an existing customer using Enhance Already Existing Records option in the migration tool with the following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center;
- Go to Overview view;
- Select to Show All Configuration Elements and find the activity: Migration of Customers for SAP Cloud for Customers;
- Select the link: Migrate customers using the migration tool;
- Click the link You Can Also, and click Download Migration Template;
- Fill the downloaded template, and upload it to the migration tool using the button Upload;
- Select the uploaded file in the Migration Tool staging area;
- Select the Properties button;
- In the dropdown for Migration Mode, select Enhance Already Existing Records;
- Click Save;
- Execute Migration Step by Step.
Customer Contacts, Migration Tool, mass data maintenance, error message, BUSINESS_PARTNER_RELATIONSHIP ROOT, Update not possible, CONTACT_PERSON , KBA , update contacts , update not possible , business_partner_relationship root , LOD-LE-MIG-MWB , LEAP Migration workbench , How To