By checking one of the Intrastat Declarations in your system, you noticed that the Commodity Description of one of its items is showing as ABC.
By checking the product master data, you could confirm that its description is XYZ, not ABC as shown in the declaration.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Intrastat work Center
- Go to Intrastat Declaration view
- Open one of the declarations
- Go to its Items tab
- Select one of the items
- See that the Commodity Description is ABC
- In the product master data, the description is XYZ
You have maintained ABC as description for a specific language in the product master data.
The Commodity Description will be based on the Country of Consignment in the Intrastat Declaration.
For instance, if the Country of Consignment is Germany, and there is a second material description maintained for the German Language, this second description will be shown in the Intrastat Declaration.
The system is working as expected.
To check if there is more than one Product Description maintained in the system, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Product Data work center
- Go to Material sub view, under Material view
- Open the material XYZ
- Select the option View All
- Under the General tab, go to Other Languages
- See that the description ABC is maintained for the language of the Country of Consignment
KBA , SRD-SRM-GLO-INT , UI Intrastat & Foreign Trade Product Classification , How To