You are creating an expense report with additional destinations, however the per diem rate is no being correctly distinguished.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel & Expenses work center.
- Go to Travel & Expenses view.
- Create a new Expense Report.
- Choose a foreign country in the header.
- Click Add More Destinations and add a domestic country and then the foreign country.
You are expecting the first day to have the domestic per diem rate, however the system choose the international rate instead.
The system calculates meal per diems day by day and if there are two trip countries within one day the system take the meal per diem of the country where the employee was just before midnight.
In order to have a domestic rate for the first day and the international rate with the beginning of the second day, you always enter the first destination country in the header level, and add the foreign country via Add More Destinations, beginning with the second day.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To