When you try to run any report based on the data source Fixed Assets Values, such as: Schedule of Fixed Assets or Schedule of Fixed Assets - Australia report, it takes a few minutes to load the data and eventually you might come across the following dump error message which prevents the diaplay of the data:
Report cannot be opened; report an incident.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets Work Center.
- Click on List in the sub view Reports.
- Click on the Fixed Assets Values report (e.g. Schedule of Fixed Assets Australia).
- In the selection parameters, provide all the mandatory fields.
- Click on Go.
When the report runs for complete Fiscal year, it tries to render data relevant for all the Fixed Assets. So, the message Report Cannot Be Opened comes up because of the large amount of Fixed Assets in the system.
Unfortunately at the moment we do not have a solution for the issue that occurs when the default selection is used. As a workaround you can set a range of Fixed Asset ID's in the selection parameter of report in order to fetch less transactional data.
You can use the restriction on Fixed Asset Class on the selection screen to reduce the amount of data. For example by using the below ranges:
- Range 1 : ( 1 - 7000)
- Range 2 : ( 7001 - 12000 )
- Range 3 : ( 12001 - 16000 )
- Range 4 : ( 16001 - 19000 )
If the full report data is required, you can download each range result via excel and put it together.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To
|FIXED ASSET SELECTION SCREEN.png|
|RANGE OF FIXED ASSETS.png|