You have configured the Process sequence in Set Audit and Approval Process for Expense Reports Activity as Approval before Audit however you wonder why few Expense Reports still go to Audit first and then to the approval.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel & Expenses work center.
- Go to the Travel & Expenses view.
- Click on Request Trip Approval-Claim Travel Expenses.
- Enter the required fields and Click on Submit.
You see that the Expense Report status change to Pending Audit which is not expected.
The Approval Process definition is changed or adjusted automatically by the system (SAP technical user).
You can see this in the below path.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Task Distribution view.
- Go to the Approval Processes sub view.
- Check the Changed On and Changed By fields for the Expense Report business document.
When an Expense Report is initially created, the Travel solution saves for each Expense Report an information about the configured order.
This saved order is valid for the whole life cycle of the Expense Report even if the configuration is changed and if the Expense Report is reopened and submitted again.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To