The following error message is displayed when opening up a document via double click - “The engine failed to start before timeout. Restart the application. (HDB 10005)”.
SAP Lumira Desktop - all versions
Reproducing the Issue
Open a complex LUMS document via double click.
There are two possible causes of this symptom:
1) Default engine start timeout has been exceeded
2) Local temporary database is corrupt.
Diagnose the problem via tracing
1) Edit C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\BO_trace.ini
2) Update the 'importance' field value to 'xs' in so it looks like:
importance = xs;
3) Restart SAP Lumira, attempt to open a document and check the logs
The log file can be found in:
<User home directory>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs
If the log file contains an SQL exception then the local temporary database is corrupt else the default engine start timeout has been exceeded
Exceeded the default engine start timeout
To override the default engine start timeout of 30 seconds add the following parameter to C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira.ini:
-Dhilo.iq.start.timeout=<timeout value in milliseconds>
Local temporary database is corrupt
If the local temporary database is corrupt you need to delete the temporary working directory:
<User home directory>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira\DataBase
- Lumira Desktop
- Load Error
- Opening Error