You want to assign an account to a structure item of your balance sheet but when you are trying to select the account it is not available.
When you check the consistency of the structure via the Check Consistency button an error message appears: Duplicate assignments exist in the structure.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center and navigate to the Implementation Projects view and open the activity list of your current project.
- Navigate to the Fine Tune phase and search for the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination and press Open.
- Go to Edit financial reporting structures.
- Select the respective balance sheet reporting structure and press Edit.
- Navigate to the reporting structure item that you want to assign a new account to and press Actions - Assign Account.
In the list of selectable accounts you are missing the account that you want to assign to the structure item. Therefore you are checking the consistency of the structure by pressing Check Consistency.
An error message appears: Duplicate assignments exist in the structure.
In general it is not possible to do any changes (ie. assigning further accounts) of a financial reporting structure if it is inconsistent.
Therefore always check the consistency of the structure first to find out what causes the inconsistency.
The root cause for this error is you have maintained the G/L accounts twice in the balance sheet.
You need to make sure that you have maintained the G/L account only once in the reporting structure. You can delete one of the two account assignments and click on check consistency by following these steps:
- Check all G/L accounts by expanding in the reporting structure in Business configuration activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select the G/L account and click on Delete Row tab.
- Press Save in the Financial Reporting Structures screen.
- Access the balance sheet reporting structure again and press Check Consistency.
- The reporting structure is now consistent.
- It is now possible to assign further accounts to the balance sheet: Select the respective structure item and press Actions -Assign Account.
The account that you are looking for is now selectable.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To