When making a connection to SAP BW Lumira desktop displays Unknown Error.
- SAP Lumira Desktop
- SAP BW
- Windows All
Reproducing the Issue
- In Lumira Desktop create a new document.
- Select Connect to SAP Business Warehouse.
- Enter logon information and click Connect.
- Error is displayed.
This error occurs because the BW Systems are configured to use SNC Server Trust but the SNC environment variables were not configured.
- In the Windows Start menu right-click My Computer and select Properties. Note My Computer may be named different on your machine depending on your version of Windows and setup.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- In the System Properties window select the Advanced tab.
- Under System Variables look for the SNC entries SNC_LIB for 32 bit applications and SNC_LIB_64 for 64 bit applications.
- Ensure that the appropriate one for the version of Lumira you are using exists and is pointing to the correct library. For Example:
SNC_LIB = C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SecureLogin\lib\sapcrypto.dll
SNC_LIB_64 = C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SecureLogin\lib\sapcrypto.dll
- The correct setting for this depends on how your environment is configured. For selecting the right library please see SAP Note 1375378. For Kerberos please see SAP Note 2115486.
var library , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem