You are trying to release customer demand document created against a Project Stock Order. However, system displays the below error message.
The source of supply cannot be determined; check the sourcing-relevant master data.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Navigate to the Customer Demand view.
- Search for the relevant document, select it and choose the Release button.
The above error message is displayed.
You do not have a logistics area with logistics use Project Stock under the site from which you plan to deliver your stock to the project.
To create a logistics area with logistic use Project Stock please follow the below given steps.
- Go to the work center Supply Chain Design Master Data.
- Navigate to the view Locations.
- Select the relevant Site/Location ID and choose the button Edit Layout.
- In the Site Layout screen select the relevant location/logistics area and choose the button Add Child Logistics Area. You can also choose the button Add Logistics Area At Same Level depending on your site layout.
- The logistic use for the new logistics area must be selected as Project Stock.
After performing the above steps you can release the relevant customer demand document from your end.
KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , How To