The valuation cost of the product does not appear on the contract.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Contracts view.
- Search for the contract XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the contracts).
- Select the View All button and go to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- The valuation cost of the product is missing.
There is no automatic calculation of the planned costs in the contract item. This value needs to be entered manually. In Service Order we have the estimated costs and this value is automatically determined. The reason why we are not calculating the planned costs is that a contract is a long running document (maybe valid for number of years) and therefore not possible to calculate the estimate based on the duration of the work. Duration of the work in case of contract is a multiplication of the duration of work by the number of times an activity needs to be performed within the life cycle of a contract. This information is currently not available in contract and therefore cost estimate can not be automatically performed.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To