- Field tree window is undocked in Formula Editor.
- Unable to dock Field Tree in Crystal Reports Formula Editor.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, open a report.
- Edit a formula.
- In the Formula Workshop, right click the Field Tree button in the top menu, and uncheck the option "Allow Docking"
- Notice the Field Tree window is undocked.
- To dock the Field Tree window in the Formula Workshop in Crystal Reports designer:
- In the Field Tree window, right-click and make sure "Allow Docking" has a check in front of it.
- Drag the Field Tree window to where you want it to dock.
- If you are having difficultes docking the Field Tree window, then a second option will be to remove the settings from User Profile in the registry for the Formula Workshop.
***WARNING***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322 for more information.
- Close Crystal Reports designer.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor (regedit)
- Navigate to the folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Formula Workshop
- Backup the content of the folder, by right-clicking on the folder: Formula Workshop, and select Export.
- Enter a name and the location for the back-up copy of the folder.
- Delte the folder. To do so, right-click on the folder Formula Workshop and select "Delete"
- Start Crystal Reports designer and Formula Workshop objects should all now be at their default location.
Docking, fix position, landing, window, tool bar , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016