During the Migration of Fixed Assets, you get the following error message.
Postingdate 00.00.0000 is Before First Acquisition Date
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation projects view.
- Select Open Activity List button.
- Select Integrate and Extend chevron.
- Search and open Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity.
- Open the Migrate Accounting Transaction Data using the migration tool link and create a new unit.
- Select the new unit and click on Execute Migration
- Click on Upload File to upload the Fixed Assets data.
- Click on Process File and you get the following error message: Postingdate 00.00.0000 is Before First Acquisition Date
You need to check the Migration Posting Date and the Capitalization Date for the Assets in question. You will observe that the Capitalization Date is after the Migration Posting Date.
In principle, the Migration of Fixed Asset is only intended for the asset capitalized before the Migration Posting Date. Hence you are getting error message as you are trying to migrate the Assets which were capitalized after the Migration Posting Date.
The asset capitalized after the migration date should be created manually or via Fixed asset Procurement scenario in the system. Such an asset cannot be migrated.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To