You just executed a Payment Run and now want to check the Payment Proposal List generated by the run. Your aim is to order the list by Supplier Name in order to facilitate the execution of the payment proposals, however you notice that clicking Supplier Name column doesn't sort the list alphabetically.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center
- Go to Periodic Tasks > Payment Runs view
- Select any Active Run ID
- Under Execution Details section, select an Application Log ID with Processing Status as Finished
- Click View Payment Proposals
- Click Supplier Name column in order to sort the list by Supplier Name alphabetically
Notice that the list is sorted by column Payment ID with subtotals, and is only sorted by Supplier Name within each Payment ID group.
The reason why you cannot see the Payment Proposal List sorted by Supplier Name in alphabetical order is that this list is configured with default grouping on Payment ID with subtotals, so when you try to sort by Supplier Name the sorting happens only within this group.
In order to have the entire Payment Proposal List alphabetically sorted by Supplier Name you have to disable the subtotaling via personalization:
- On the upper right corner of the screen, click Personalize
- Click This Screen
- Under Sections select Untitled Table
- Under Field Properties click Configure Calculations
- With Display Intermediate Results for Sorted Columns ticked, click Exceptions button
- Unmark any selected checkbox (e. g. Payment ID). Screenshot attached.
- Click OK on the Exceptions popup
- Click OK on the Configure Calculations popup
- Click Save on the Personalize menu
As a result now you have removed any intermediate result and you can alphabetically sort the Payment Proposal List by Supplier Name.
Note that this change only applies to your user. If you want to apply the change to all users you need to perform the same steps using the Adapt mode.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To