You want to select a certain user to setup Approval Value Limits for him but cannot find him in the value help.
There is no option to add a user either.
Some users are simply not present for selection in the value help under the Purchasing Approval Value Limit option.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Application and User Management Work Centre.
- Under the Task Distribution Header, select the Employee Work Distribution View.
- Under the Purchasing header, Select Purchasing Approval Value Limit and click on Edit.
- Add a Rule and click on the Value Selection to select the Employee Responsible.
- You want to select a certain user to setup Approval Value Limits for him but cannot find him in the value help.
All the prerequisites are not fulfilled for the user to appear. The user is missing assignments.
The criterion for a user to appear in the Value Selection is to have at least one of the following views assigned:
Also note if a user is locked because their start date is in the future, they will not appear in this list in spite of having the correct assignments as the system works based on the effective date.
If the user is not valid for today then in purchasing approval value limit effective today he will not be available in the value help.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To