You found unposted source documents XYZ -1 and XYZ-2 are listed with error No functional area could be assigned. The source document type is Expense Report.
There is additional information: Derivation for accounting principle ABC, chart of accounts DEF, G/L account UVW, Nonsales Object.
But you have configured the functional area for the cost center type, of which the cost center is assigned in the cost assignment of expense report XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center, Closing Cockpit view and Source Document view.
- The document XYZ-1 and XYZ-2 are listed in list of unposted source documents with error and information as below.
- No functional area could be assigned.
- Derivation for accounting principle ABC, chart of accounts DEF, G/L account UVW, Nonsales Object.
When the first version of the expense report created, the cost assignment is not cost center, but pure G/L account. But there is no functional area assigned to the G/L account UVW. So the first version is not posted.
Then you changed the cost assignment to cost center in expense report XYZ.
But due to first version is not posted, the second version is not posted either.
You need to follow the steps below to set the configuration and post the documents.
- Go to Business Configuration work center and Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project, and select Open Activity List.
- Go to tab Fine-Tuning Activities.
- Select activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis.
- Select Functional Area Determination.
- Select Add Row in tab Determination Using G/L Accounts.
- Input the G/L account UVW, and select Functional Area as the same as you configured in Determination Using Cost Center Types.
- Select Save. Please note, if you configure difference functional area for G/L account, system gives priority to functional area of G/L accounts.
- Go to General Ledger work center, Closing Cockpit view and Source Document subview.
- Select XYZ-1 and select Actions, then Post Business Transaction.
- Select XYZ-2 and select Actions, then Post Business Transaction.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To